eclecticards by barb

Want to go somewhere else?

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Altrusa's Annual Spring Style Show Today

Just a quick thought or two before I need to get ready to go to our annual Style Show.  My part this year was to make chocolate dipped strawberries and sugared grapes.  YUMMO!  We are doing desserts this year instead of a brunch to see if it will help our numbers in the audience increase.  It appears to be a sort of dying event... not too many are interested in this sort of thing anymore, but we keep trying.  Our other fundraiser, Soup with Mrs. Claus, is a BIG hit at Christmas time.  We do it in conjunction with the downtown Christmas parade and it starts the Christmas season here.  It's a family event too. We serve two different soups and the kids can have their picture taken with Mrs. Claus. Well, it's just about time to head to the church and get my strawberries and grapes to their appointed showtime!  I'll be back later to write some more for the day and hopefully upload a new card too.

Well, the weather played it's trump card on me and I did not make it to the style show.  Had to call one of my BFFs to come get my items as I was in no shape to attend. Scott was even called out for mutual aid in Lefors on a fire.  I took my third layer of meds and they whipped my butt today, but now it's been 5 hours later and I am beginning to feel a bit human again. This is the first time I've had to wear my sunglasses inside the house!  The sun is just too bright for me and I don't have curtains on most of our windows, but do have the shades pulled where I can.

I almost feel like making a card though... At least I'm thinking about  it!  That really was my full intent of this blog when I began it several years ago, but it has almost become a journal for me to release my frustrations about my health issues when there isn't anyone around who knows how I feel. It's not my life anymore for a while. Okay, enough already! 

Hugs,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment