eclecticards by barb

Want to go somewhere else?

Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's me, still pluggin' away...

Hello everyone who is keeping up with me... I have made a few cards lately.  Sent eight off to the Papercrafts magazine for their 2011 Royalty contest!  Like I have a chance, but you won't know if you don't try, right?! So, after that is all settled, then I can post pictures of those cards, I don't think I should before hand.  I have made some for sale, and when I can get my eyes not so sleepy, I'll get them uploaded for y'all to see.  If I'm not too windy tonight, maybe I'll do one or two tonight yet.
Update on my headaches... I've missed alot of work this past month and so my doctor wanted to see me in his office last week before my next scheduled appointment... so off we trecked to the doctor!  He had blood taken and ordered an MRI.  I told him I hope that something shows up, somewhere, because this has been going on 3 years now and it's no fun anymore!  But I did learn a little secret about when to take my night-time/evening meds so that I don't wake up in such a fog.  So, that was exciting! No results yet, but I don't expect any for several days.  He also tried increasing one of my meds and one of the rare side effects was an increased heart rate.... well, guess what I got?  Take a WILD guess.... YUP! The second time in my life that I can remember that I got one of the odd/rare side effects!  My rate goes from it's normal 60-65bmp to 96 first thing in the morning to 122bmp when I get home from work and have done nothing strenuous all day.  Go figure! I quit the extra increase.   I figure I will suffer the headaches vs. a heart attack.

Okay, back to card talk... I'm so stoked up about making cards, I love to send them and I'd  love to be able to make some extra money selling some... still working on that angle... gotta find my outlet on that part.

 Here is the one I made for a co-worker in Amarillo that has been out after having surgery. I love it so much and wish I had more of that paper to make more!  I even cut out one of the butterflies and glued it over one on the bottom and made it three-D.  This paper didn't need much help to look super on it's own!  It's called The Mariposa Stack by DCVW,  so bright and cheerful papers.


Well, guess that's all for this time around.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening.   I am, with what's left of it!  I'm going to finish a couple of cards I have started....

Hugs all around,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment