eclecticards by barb

Want to go somewhere else?

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Grungy Monday 39: Take one!

This is my first Grungy Monday 39 Challenge from Studio L3.  Every Monday a new challenge is presented based on a Tim Holtz technique.  This past week's challenge was based on Tim's 2009 Christmas Tags plaid background technique. 
Here is my first attempt of making a plaid background.  It was so much fun to do, I see myself doing it again.

 I learned how to ink my felt with the alcohol inks and then glide them over the glossy card stock. Then I stamped my "scratchy" background stamp, bicycle, and the verse.  
The charm on the ribbon is one I had on hand, embossed with red distress embossing powder so I could add some color to my tag.
I stamped and inked the clock and ticket. The clock is attached with a brad, while the ticket is stapled on with Tim's stapler.   Then finished off with some silver beads on the side that I sanded the finish off of the top.
I embossed the bicycle in gold.
Simon Says Stamp is the sponsor of the challenge.   They are a great company! I have found them to be awesome with their Tim Holtz inventory and I can always find what I'm looking for to do his projects. 
Thanks for looking.  It's not great, but it was fun to learn! 
Hugs,
Barb



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the Grungy Monday challenge! Great tag, love all the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..this is wonderful! I love how you've taken that plaid to new heights with the stamping, embossing....and addition of embellishments! Congratulations on winning the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, I just found out that I won! It's my first time and I'm thrilled! Thank you Simon Says Stamp. I love ya! <3

    ReplyDelete