eclecticards by barb

Want to go somewhere else?

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hoppy Easter Everyone!

Happy Easter everyone.... Hope everyone has their Easter baskets ready for the Easter bunny to come...I bought a small ham, sweet potatoes, rolls and a very tiny egg shaped cake for our Easter dinner. That should be pretty traditional, right?!

We had a really nice trip this past week to College Station and Austin.  Scott had a seminar for a week in Austin, and Heidi had parents week in College Station.  We were never able to coordinate making it for Travis and could this time for Heidi. We got there in time to watch a football game, have a few beers (cokes for me) and baseball game on Saturday, eat pizza for supper and hangout at Heidi's.  Then on Sunday, the usual parent's "duty": fill the fridge and fill the pantry!  After that, we headed to Austin for Scott's seminar. Monday was his birthday and we ate at a really nice restaurant on the side of a hill on Lake Travis called The Oasis.  We sat outside on one of the patios to eat and watch the sunset.  It was a really nice evening and drive out there.   My next adventure was on Tuesday mid-day to Salado to go visit a stamp store called Stamp Salado.  We had a great trip, I had lunch with two of my Texas LOSTie friends, Suz and Mels, had supper with my sister and her husband, and rekindled some old friendships at Scott's seminar.  It was a great week.

While I was gone, my pharmacy called to say that my new prescription had been approved.... YIPPEE!  So as soon as we got home yesterday and had unloaded the truck, I ran (drove!) to the drugstore, got my prescription and it was NOT the one I thought it was going to be.  It is a type of medicine like I was on in the very beginning of my migraine history that quit working on them.  Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed. I took them and will try them, but am afraid that they won't work since the others in their "line" didn't work in the past.  I'm afraid I might have reverted back to year one in my meds.  That is a year in my life that I remember nothing about.  I don't want to lose another year in my life. 

Well, on another note.... Remember those cards that I mailed off to the Papercrafts Stamping Royalty contest?  Well, they released their winners this week.... and, guess who was NOT on the list.... yup, little ole me!  So, I can upload my cards here... I was so proud of them too.  Guess it's my opinion against theirs!  So today here is the first one.


This is a thank you note that I put together one day, just playing around. I over-stamped some designer paper that I had and it came out really nice, at least I thought so!  I stamped the Eiffel Tower and some postage stamps on the paper, tied brown ribbon around the paper and added the merci tag to the front.

Well, that's it for today.... I've got to go do more laundry!  It seems like it takes much longer to wash it than it did to get it dirty.... why is that? hmmm!

Hugs to everyone and have a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment