eclecticards by barb

Want to go somewhere else?

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fire Distraction!

While my hubby is still out standing-by at the fire station (he's a volunteer), I decided to keep myself distracted by making a couple of cards.  This first one is a congratulations card using my new stamp set from Heartfelt Creations called Aztec Gold Sunflowers. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.


The recipe for this card is: a standard card base, an orange background that I ran through my D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder, sunflowers from the stamp set mentioned above and colored with my Copic markers, accented with some black rhinestones and a white highlight.  The leaves are from another stamp set in my collection that are separated from their set. 
The green ornate frame and the congratulations are stamps by Stampabilities and embossed to a shine!  They are popped up on pop-up dots to add a bit of "pop" to my card.  The green ribbon is just some 'ole piece of scrap that I had in my ribbon bin... Thanks for looking.






No comments:

Post a Comment