eclecticards by barb

Want to go somewhere else?

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fire Danger Today, Please Say Prayers.

Today is starting out just exactly like the Sunday back in the spring of 2006 that burned almost a million acres here in the Texas Panhandle.  Today the winds are exceeding 55+mph, the temperature is 75 degrees, and the ground is dry, dry, dry.  Evacuations are taking place in the Amarillo area.  The dust is blowing so hard here that you can barely see the pasture across the street. It brings back unpleasant memories of those horrible fires of 2006.  But, I have gathered our necessities and they are in my pickup ready to go if I need to leave.  We started sprinklers around the house to get our grass wet, to protect our home hopefully.  The TV stations are doing a great job with updates.  Scott is on stand-by at the fire station.  I need to go make a round of sprinklers and move them... I'll make an update report when there is more to report. (This is one of my migraine triggers and, I can't do anything about it except suffer through it today. I did anticipate it, so altered my morning meds because of it.)

Hugs and prayers,
Barb

Well, the dust has settle some, I can now see town clearer... but the winds are still there.  I don't know how that works, but it does.  The TV hasn't reported any new fires.  Thank you Lord for that, prayers are being answered I'm sure.  But, Scott still is not home though. 

Till later... more hugs.

1 comment: