eclecticards by barb

Want to go somewhere else?

Sunday, January 23, 2011

What a Cute Purse!

I needed to send a thank you note and thought what a cute idea but to send it in a purse!  So, here's the bright one that I made first.  It's with a new stamp I got at the Heirloompro Festival that I went to a couple weeks ago that I mentioned in a prior post.  This stamp is from Toomuchfun Rubberstamps.  They have so many fun stamps to choose from. 

 

I used scraps of paper that I had on hand to make my first purse thank you note.  The paper is so bright and cheerful.  I used a sparkle glitter pen to enhance the gathers and clasp.  I stamped thank you's all over the inside before I wrote my personal note. 

                                                     

This purse I made out of a more vintage looking paper and thought it looked like an elegant evening bag. 


The hardware part of the bag, I took a beige part of the same paper and just kept embossing it until I had built it up to the high gloss look that I got. The chain handle is part of a necklace that I found on clearance at WalMart, cut down to the size that I wanted. 


I hope to make a lot more of these and put them into my inventory for purchase.  I am excited about them!  Hope you like them too. 

I also want to thank everyone who has made such nice comments on my card that I have entered into the DeNami Sketch Challenge.  It's my first....

Thanks for looking..... Hugs all around, Barb

2 comments: