eclecticards by barb

Want to go somewhere else?

Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's A New Year!

Where did the time go inbetween now and Thanksgiving?  I think it just flew by!  We had a great Christmas as we spent it with my sister down by Austin.  And, I must confess, I still have Christmas decorations out!  They are gathered up, and need to be put up in the attic, not out on "display", so don't shoot me!  :) 

I got to go to a rubber stamp and paper event in Grapevine, Texas last weekend put on by Heirloom Pro.  I had so much fun touching, talking, learning, making and just soaking up all the things rubber (stamps that is!).  I took a couple of workshops and learned some new techniques that I will use again (soon so I don't forget how to do them.). I recommend their event to everyone.  I spent way too much money, way more than I planned, but I just couldn't help myself!  I hope to improve my expertise with what I observed and learned.


This is a blank note card that I used a damask background on.  It is one of my favorites.  

The saying is from Flourishes Cherry Blossoms stamp set.  I added black jewels around the middle scallop oval and pierced holes in the black scalloped oval.  I used one of the techniques that I learned on embossing with the Spellbinders.  It makes more sense to me than the ways I was trying before!  I guess to each his own on what makes it "click"... like back in school with the right teacher!!!

Have a great weekend and week.  Until we meet again....

Hugs all around,
Barb



No comments:

Post a Comment